Chainsaw Carving Competition
For 2020 we will be having a Chainsaw Carving Competition which we haven’t done in previous years. The competition will run over two days, Saturday 13th and Sunday 14th of June. Each competitor will have 2 hours each day to work on their project. After the 4 hours there will be 6 judges who will score the carvings out of 10 – the carving with highest score will be the winner. Prizes will also be given to 2nd and 3rd place.
Rules for Chainsaw Carving Competition 2020
- The Chainsaw Competition will run over two days, Saturday 13th June and Sunday 14th June of the Wood Fair.
- Each competitor has 2 hours each day to work on their project.
- The carving will start at 11am – 1pm each day.
- At the end of the 4 hours, there will be 6 judges who will score the carvings out of 10. The carving with the highest scores will be the winner. Prizes will also be given for 2nd and 3rd
- The only tools to be used are a chainsaw and blow torch which must provided by the competitor. The event will provide the piece of wood for carving.
- Each competitor will have their own 7.5m x 7.5m area in which they can complete their carving.
- It is important that safe working practices are observed at all times in accordance with UK Health & Safety Law and recognised best practice. The Organisers therefore reserve the right to reject anyone who are considered to be unsafe or a danger to themselves or others.
- All carvers must be fully trained or be able to display adequate experience and competence using a chainsaw and must have public liability insurance for £5,000,000.
- Appropriate Personal Protective Equipment must be supplied and worn by all competitors.
- Any carving may be produced, however must not be considered inappropriate or offensive in any way.
- If rules and regulations are broken, organisers have the right to disqualify and remove the carver from the competition.
- Competitors should not be under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
- Competitors must provide a copy of their risk assessment for the event.